Wednesday, May 28, 2008

A big idea session finished

This week has been a blur at work. We finished up today the annual "Big Idea" meetings. Okay, that's not totally true we have one small meeting left to work on one series. The annual "Big Idea" meeting is when we spend as much time as it takes to plan our teaching calendar for the next year. Since every age group in our church teaches the same subject at the same time it's a challenge to get children, students and adults on the same page. We finished the process this year in just over a month. I think we have a great year planned I can't wait to roll it out for you. I love the process BUT it takes a lot of time that is normally spent on other duties. So I'm glad we are through for another year.

To celebrate I want to share with you "The worst album covers of all time." The challenge is for you to pick which of these albums I actually used to own. And if you are old enough to know any of these it's time to 'fess up. Enjoy (some of them are sort of creepy!)


Read this doc on Scribd: WorstAlbumCovers-1

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I haven't seen that many big haired women in a long time. Is that a photo catalog of people who use hair spray? Were they the inspiration for the hair bands of the 1980's? I just wanted to know!

Jason Collins said...

I found Bill Coffman on one of those. I didn't know his real name used to be Mike Crain!!

Ed said...

I wondered if anyone would see Bill and his miraculous kung fu power. The real question is which of those do you believe I might have paid good money to own? Hint: it was not the lady with no hands playing the organ.

Bill said...

You guys think you are so funny.

Ed, I think you owned "Let Me Touch Him" or "All My Friends Are Dead" just because you couldn't turn down the titles.

sincerely,
Hong Kong Phooey

Unknown said...

Blogger Bill said...

You guys think you are so funny.

That really is not the case. If we say something and someone laughs, then it must have been funny to them.

What is really funny are all of those album covers.

Didn't I see Ed in one of those pictures? Most singers have a couple of copies of their records laying around. They all are late 30's through anytime in the 70's. That makes Ed old enough to have been in at least one of "those" groups.

simon said...

I say you paid good money for... "zip zap rap" Just because it is so out of the expected, and you seem to have a tendency to surprise everyone.

And Bill, I agree, it looks just like you ;)