Monday, September 29, 2008

No Bailout – is my money safe?

Okay, so there won’t be a bailout.  At least not yet.  Now you add Wachovia to the list of troubled banks.  The Dow ended the day down by the largest number in history.

I would love to give you some great informed response to what’s going on.  I can’t.   Here is a great article by the New York Times answering some questions.

Here are some things that are true, even if things get worse.

Thus says the Lord, “Cursed is the man who trusts in mankind and makes flesh his strength, and whose heart turns away from the Lord…but blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord and whose trust is the Lord.”  Jer. 17:5, 7

When I am afraid, I will put my trust in You. In God, whose word I praise, in God I have put my trust; I shall not be afraid. What can mere man do to me?  Psalm 56:3, 4

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight. Do not be wise in your own eyes; fear the Lord and turn away from evil.  Proverbs 3:5-7

But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which is alive today and tomorrow is thrown into the furnace, will He not much more clothe you? You of little faith! Do not worry then, saying, “What will we eat?” or “What will we drink?” or “What will we wear for clothing?” For the Gentiles eagerly seek all these things; for your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. But see first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.”  Matthew 6:30-33

1 comment:

Adam said...

Obviously no one likes the idea of bailing out about bunch of bankers, but unfortunatly its necessary. I actually called Lynn Westmooreland's office yesterday to see where he stood. I was surprised. He voted against the bailout because he aparently supports an alternative bill that would further cut taxes for business and further cut regulations. From everything i have read, the problems started becasue of lack of regulations. Go figure.

All in all, im not too concerned. Ive got no money invested, i dont need a car, i dont need a house, we have paid off our credit cards, and my company has been failing for quite some time anyway. :)