Sunday, January 18, 2009

Stuff in my head 1/18/09

  • This made me think of my friend Gary. I would go with you in spite of the knees.
  • This phrase about our Father has been with me this week.
  • While this was Not illegal in 1930 you would go directly to jail for doing this now.
  • Can you believe the press didn’t give us the whole story about abstinence pledges? Hard to believe we’d only get half the truth.
  • Loved Bono’s take on this, it made me go listen.
  • Does this have some implication for our starting more smaller campuses?
  • The most romantic country song of all time.
  • Community property?
  • The next  one was sent to me by a “friend” :).  This appears to be a real product. Watch the video she is so excited.  ewwwwww
  • Sent to me by one of my Mac loving friends – The Wheel!
  • This has no easy answer but it’s a huge issue.
  • More stuff I should eat but don’t
  • Jason mentioned this a while back but it is on my mind.  We can not bury our heads in the sand. We can not keep trying to enforce values on our culture we must reach people on at a time and that will change culture. Pray and invite for your paper people – pray for 60,000.
  • I did not vote for President Elect Obama and I’m sure soon there will be things that will upset me, but I am very impressed with some moves leading up to his historic inauguration. I am praying for him to be a great president.  I love the simplicity of this video message from this president.  He seems to understand the importance of inspiring us and leading us.  Love his statement that “the government can’t fix our problems we are in it together.”
  • On the sports side, I am very excited about the new Braves starting rotation. I enjoyed this article about our new Japanese import.

No comments: