Wednesday, March 4, 2009

I love this quote

Just finished time with my small group (we had a really good group time tonight), we were discussing the lesson from “American Idol” talking about expectations we have for God.  Then I read this quote.  I love it.

From Erwin McManus: "Most of us want God to fix every wrong choice we make without taking from us our right to choose wrongly. We want to make God into our own pooper-scooper following right behind us, cleaning up our mess. [But] God lets us make our bed and makes us lie in it."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Man that is so weird how I was just reading Max last night, and he has a whole chapter in his book “CAST OF CHARACTERS” where he discusses this whole topic of CHOICES….

And what an awesome privilege that GOD gave us with this choice thing…. We are getting so far away from, that as a society… wanting somebody to fix choices for us… and the finger is pointing at me also… I ain’t trashing others without putting myself in there…….

What an awesome GOD we serve…. thought enough of HIS creation to give them the ability to choose HIM or not…. UNREAL

Glad you’re back at the blog…