Sunday, March 23, 2008

I'm so full I can hardly stand it

  • What a great day. One of my favorite people was baptized today - way to go Sparky!
  • We are officially one church in two locations. Community Christian Madras had their first day and it was great. The unofficial total is 317 at Madras. YEA GOD!
  • I love the Community Christian volunteers. I wish I could give a high five to all of them (I almost wrote "give them a hug" but you guys know I wouldn't do that). We could not do what we do if it were not for volunteers at both campuses.
  • I don't know what the overall Community Christian attendance was for the day - I'll let you know tomorrow. As soon as the Noon service was over at Sharpsburg I wanted to drive to Madras to congratulate the team there, so I didn't see the numbers. All services were well attended.
  • I love our church staff. There is such a spirit of "what can I do to get this done." Ron Brame started the day off saving my bacon by driving something to Madras I forgot to give to Bill. I saw several other "paid" staff doing things they aren't paid to do but they were things that we definitely required.
  • I feel like today was the first page of Chapter 2. I can't wait to read the rest.
  • Be sure to check out Bill Coffman's Madras blog you might see some pictures.
  • I can't forget to thank everyone who prayed for me. I was not healthy Wednesday night through Saturday. I started feeling better late Saturday. I know many prayed for me at the 12 hour prayer for Madras. God came through as He does.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ed, you hit one out of the park today. The whole team did. Thank you for explaining Easter in such an interesting and relevant way. How can we not share this amazing hope with everyone else!

Dbailey67 said...

Ed, Wasn't sure what to expect at Madras today with you on screen and not 'live', but it was really great! Plus Madras has added benefit - Robin made the observation that we can now sit down close and not be in the 'spit zone'!

I especially enjoyed your welcome to the returning visitors from Christmas. If you get an opportunity, check out today's For Better or Worse comic here - http://www.fborfw.com/strip_fix/archives/003048.php

Christ is alive at Community Christian Church

Anonymous said...

Church was good today Ed, really good. Even when I don't feel like coming it is always good.

Anonymous said...

Ed, just so you know. Community Christian is providing what it says; "Church for the rest of us." I didn't want to be there because I am one of the "rest of us". Glad I came. Keep up the good work even in the face of adeversity because only God knows how bad the "rest of us" need it. Who else would have us? For most of us, no one ever has.

Anonymous said...

Today was my first day. I was on the church web site tonight and found the blog. I can't tell you how much I enjoyed the service today. I came because a friend of mine told me I wouldn't feel out of place. I haven't been to church since I was a teenager. If it had been more like this I would have been back before I was 38.

Anonymous said...

Jerald and Anonymous, your words bring tears of joy to my eyes. There are a bunch of us folks who have been doing this a long time and you continue to be the reason we show up every Sunday. There is nothing to compare to seeing the "God loves and accepts me" light bulb come on for others, like it has for us.

simon said...

Ed, I honestly think that Bill needs to get 2 squirt guns and every 5 or so minutes squirt the people in the front row. Just to give them the whole Sharpsburg affect, ya know? lol. I heard that you did a great job preaching, and I am also glad to hear that you are feeling better. I look forward to the next series.