Monday, March 24, 2008

Wow!!

I'm still overwhelmed with all that God is doing at CCC. There are so many stories coming out of yesterday that about all I can do is just say Wow!

I know so many of you are waiting to hear the final number for Easter for Community Christian as a whole. Here is what we are currently saying is the final total - 1806. YEA GOD! You know there were 314 total at Madras yesterday at their two services. Every service at the Sharpsburg campus was larger than 2007. Now think about that - the whole Madras core team was a part of Sharpsburg in 2007. Yea God.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I haven't made much time lately for important things because I've been obsessed with urgent things. Blogging drops to the bottom of the list when I get this way. However, I felt it was really important that before I ran out the door today to catch yet another flight, I take a minute and say how inspired I thought the entire experience was this past Sunday. I'm not a believer in sacred times and places because I know that all believers are one in Christ and that any time even a handful of believers gather together God is present and great things can happen. So I don't look at this as inspired because it was Easter, or a big event or anything like that. I felt that everyone put their entire hearts into what they were doing, and that it really showed. The music, video production, and general preparation were all done so well. To me, however, the most exciting thing was that so many people came - many for the first time - and heard an exciting, crystal clear presentation of Gods grace and gospel message that was beautifully delivered right from the pages of the old and new testament. It showed so well the effort that God has gone to in order to bring every person since the beginning of time back into a relationship with him. Him. That is something to celebrate! I hope that it was as inspiring to those new people as it was to me, almost 30 years after coming into a relationship with God . Thank you all who worked so hard to bring this about.

Ed said...

To the Anonymmous commenter whose comment I rejected (you know who you are) - please contact me directly and I will be happy to share the system we have been using now for 7 years to do what you questioned.