Monday, October 13, 2008

Two weeks worth of stuff – edited

I didn’t post the stuff in my head from last week because I wanted to leave the last post up for a bit.  I know there have been people coming to the blog through the link on the church web site because the cards we’ve mailed lately.  By the way if you are wondering – we can’t take you off the mailing list – we don’t control this list the United State Post Office does. Since it’s been two week’s here is the edited list of some of the things I’ve been thinking about.

  • Okay here is a different twist on the “gender neutral” marriage.  What do you think - a good Christian response or not?
  • I enjoyed this – the President sings U2
  • I love the new series “Jesus wouldn’t be a Christian.” Jason has done a great job the first two Sundays.  Now it’s up to me to not screw it up.
  • Everyone blames someone for the current economic crisis.  I have an opinion but I’m sure I don’t have all the info.  I did find this article from 1999 interesting. Watch for the quote from Peter Wallison – he sounds like prophet.
  • I do not want to be an “energy vampire”
  • I am loving me some Matt Ryan led Atlanta Falcons
  • Great story of forgiveness
  • I love Dave Ramsey’s plan – be sure and read part 2 (click the link)
  • Paul Newnan was a great role model in so many ways – married for 50 years to the same woman, excellent at what he did, and lived an intentionally generous life (more than $250 million given away in just the last three years).  Don’t know whether he was  follower of Christ but that’s quite a legacy.
  • Okay I think I’ll end with this.  Watch this and then tell me why you can’t get off your butt and do something.

No comments: