Thursday, January 22, 2009

So what do you think of our new president...

It’s the question of the week isn’t it? "Well, what do you thindancek about our new President?" “Did you see the inauguration, what do you think?” Well I didn’t vote for him but there is a lot I like about him.  I also am very proud to have been alive when we elected our first African American president.  There are several important issues that when he described his position during the election I totally disagreed with him.  Since his election I find myself disagreeing less with what He has said.

Let me give you some things I like.

  1. I like that we have a president that knows how to use the power of public speaking to inspire those he is leading.  I thought the 20 minute inauguration speech was awesome.
  2. I love watching him with his wife and children. My wife and I were talking about how much fun it was watch him dance with his wife.  I don’t believe that’s the first time they’ve done that and it appears like they actually like each other.
  3. I love the fact that he is not ashamed of his faith in Jesus. He has said many times that he believes Jesus died for his sins.  We wouldn’t agree on theology but probably most of you wouldn’t agree with me either.
  4. I love the fact that he has been asking us to realize that government isn’t the solution.  That all of us are going to have to be part of the solution.  That’s right in line with what I believe. I know I will offend many of my Republican friends but that kind of talk and his ability to inspire us reminds me of my favorite president – Ronald Regan

Every day I am praying that President Obama will be the best president of my lifetime.  I am hoping that in four years I feel so good about where he has lead our country that I can vote for him.  I’m praying that men I admire like Rick Warren will speak into his life and his relationship with Christ will grow in a time when He needs God’s wisdom.  I’m all behind you Mr. President lead on.

So what do you think about our new president?

1 comment:

Adam said...

I dont think you actually need to ask ME what I think about our new President. He got me fired up in 2004. I personally like the idea of having a President who believes the law is a good thing, not something to subvert. I also like the fact that it was obvious he knew that our Chief Justice got the words of the Oath wrong but was unwilling to critisize him for it.