Wednesday, February 18, 2009

How sweet the sound

I’ve been praying this prayer every day this week

Lord, you have taught us that without love whatever we do is worth nothing: Send your Holy Spirit and pour into my heart your greatest gift, which is love, the true bond of peace and of all virtue, without which whoever lives is accounted dead before you.

  • Our goal everyday should be to show to others the same grace and the same mercy that God has shown us. We might not think they deserve it ... but neither do we.
  • Churches ought to be competing to "out-grace" everyone else in the world.  This is different that being more tolerant than everyone else in our world. The difference between tolerance and grace is huge.
  • Everyone is important to God. He loves the man in prison just as much as He loves me. God loves the homeless man just as much as He loves me. God love the unemployed on welfare as much as He loves me. God loves the 3-time divorcee as much as He loves me.
  • Jesus met a woman who had been married five different times and was shacking up with another man. Yet Jesus found her incredibly important and salvation worthy.
  • If God can love me and forgive me of my sins, then I have no right to hold a grudge against anyone.
  • Grace should be Christianity's best gift to the world.  That will only happen in “my little world” if I genuinely allow God to answer my prayer and fill me with His love.

No comments: